Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by riley-o »

ghost in the shell 2 innocence - 7/10
fistful of dollars - 8.5/10
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
NANOplague
I'm not very smart.

Post by NANOplague »

Necrometer wrote:
NANOplague wrote:Makes a great birthday gift for maximum :what:
of all the times to NOT use the 'con...

anyway, my DVD is in the mail, don't sweat it :rhug: :lhug:
Yeah but on the plus side, I just invented the phrase "maximum what-the-fuckage"
"Infidel defilers... they shall all drown in lakes of blood." ~ Thulsa Doom
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

Woyzeck - 9.5
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

NANOplague wrote:Yeah but on the plus side, I just invented the phrase "maximum what-the-fuckage"
:cry:
http://www.google.com/search?client=ope ... fuckage%22
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
NANOplague
I'm not very smart.

Post by NANOplague »

oh snap.
"Infidel defilers... they shall all drown in lakes of blood." ~ Thulsa Doom
zzzzzzzz
Unquestionable Presence

Post by zzzzzzzz »

I got Samurai Cop in my amazon thingy to, fuck it I'm buying it. Another movie that looks pretty awesome is Don't Go In The Woods Alone
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

Marx Bros - Horse Feathers. You guys are fags.
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

The Thick of It + specials - 10/10
Dr Yail Bloor
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Dr Yail Bloor »

Comrade Slinky wrote:The Thick of It + specials - 10/10
:fonz: have you seen the trailer for four lions slinky?
\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
I guess there's crippling, life shattering levels of alcoholism, and then there's Lemmy.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Dr Yail Bloor wrote:
Negatory, fill me in.
Dr Yail Bloor
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Dr Yail Bloor »

Comrade Slinky wrote:
Dr Yail Bloor wrote:
Negatory, fill me in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGk2TojOd-4
\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
I guess there's crippling, life shattering levels of alcoholism, and then there's Lemmy.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

That looks good, thanks for putting it on my radar. :tup:
Dr Yail Bloor
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Dr Yail Bloor »

Comrade Slinky wrote:That looks good, thanks for putting it on my radar. :tup:
should be seeing it in the next couple of weeks! review to follow.
\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
Iron Goldie
Giant Eyeball of Death.

Post by Iron Goldie »

riley-o wrote:
Introvert wrote:There have been some scenes in both the Airplane and Naked Gun movies on TV that I don't remember from the original movies. However, I haven't checked out any of the deleted scenes on the Airplane DVDs that I have so who knows. I don't have any of the Naked Gun DVDs so I might need to get caught up on those.
this happens in repo man as well. they used to show it on A&E all the time when i was a kid and it was a cut version but it had a couple extra scenes that weren't on the VHS i had.
I know this was a few pages back and I dunno if anyone addressed it but Hollywood tends to do shit like this, particularly with a little bit older movies, more than likely to A. attract people to watch it on tv or B. help fill the time slot on tv they got. Other movies that have done this are Ace Ventura (the Cannibal Corpse scene) and Pulp Fiction.
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

I heard Tom Savini had his entire life savings robbed from him and he's pretty much damn near living on crackers and cheese now. It explains why he is a total dick to his fans at horror cons and charging 50 bucks for autographs...
He seems to get by alright:
http://www.dec.edu/pages/makeupeffects.html

From what I have heard, the course (it used to be it's own school and then became merged somehow with Douglas) is fantastic and highly respected due to his experience...so I'm sure he does alright. As far charging 50 bucks? That's kind of weak, but I'm not surprised.

And you have made the right choice skipping out on Diary and Survival. I will always respect his old movies, but he definitely needs to stop making movies.
captain
Inhale/Exhale

Post by captain »

Blast of Silence - 9/10 Awesome noir. Love the 2nd person point of view. Evidently it was submitted to Cannes two weeks late, which is probably why Allen Baron is not a well known name, and he went on to direct mainly television shows.

Fletch - 7.5/10 Seems like i tried to watch this a number of years ago, and wasn't crazy about it, but I enjoyed it this time. Not enough to buy it or anything, but definitely worth a watch.

Pygamalion - 8.5/10 Great. I think I prefer this one (1938) to My Fair Lady.

Office Space - 5.5/10 I know a lot of people love this movie, and it seems like it could have been great, but I did not find it very funny at all

Blade Runner - 7.5/10 This is one of those cases where I think i can understand why people like this movie so much, but it just isn't my personal taste. I always think of Brazil, and that I prefer Brazil. I was partial to the ladyfolk in it though.

Need to finish Badlands, its awesome so far, can't believe it took me this long to watch it.

Also just found out that Peter Bogdanovich is now teaching at the School of the Arts here in North Carolina, which is fucking awesome. One of his classes will be entirely based on The Last Picture Show. Also, evidently he is giving the commencement speech at UNCSAs graduation this year, and a bunch of kids are complaining because he is a faculty member. Jesus Christ, fucking kids. The speaker at my graduation was some NC politician whose name I will never remember.
"Never follow a hippie to a second location" -Jack Donaghy
chrusti(ns)anity
Olde Timer

Post by chrusti(ns)anity »

fuck yes
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Iron Goldie wrote:
riley-o wrote:
Introvert wrote:There have been some scenes in both the Airplane and Naked Gun movies on TV that I don't remember from the original movies. However, I haven't checked out any of the deleted scenes on the Airplane DVDs that I have so who knows. I don't have any of the Naked Gun DVDs so I might need to get caught up on those.
this happens in repo man as well. they used to show it on A&E all the time when i was a kid and it was a cut version but it had a couple extra scenes that weren't on the VHS i had.
I know this was a few pages back and I dunno if anyone addressed it but Hollywood tends to do shit like this, particularly with a little bit older movies, more than likely to A. attract people to watch it on tv or B. help fill the time slot on tv they got. Other movies that have done this are Ace Ventura (the Cannibal Corpse scene) and Pulp Fiction.
that is extremely annoying. i can't stand watching censored films and i hate that almost no dvd/bluray offer you the option to watch the film with the cut scenes added back into the movie from where they were cut out.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

captain wrote:Blade Runner - 7.5/10
Movie foed.

Conan the Barbarian - Flawless and numbers only insult it. I've seen this movie a million times and I still grinned, fist pumped, and said a quiet "Fuck yeah." at 1:38 in the following video. Perfect movie from beginning to end.

Conan the Destroyer - 7 / 10 Points deducted for the awful comedy bits, less exciting battles and replacing Subotai with that pussy thief. It's still a fun watch but they really fucked up with this one. I'd almost, almost rather watch Red Sonja.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

Crazy Heart - 8/10
I really liked it. Totally expected it to be more depressing than it was, though. Bridges continues to be awesome.

Men Who Stare at Goats - 7/10
Pretty good, but I felt like I should have been more blown away considering all the top names in it.

Mega-Pirahna - (Beerless) 2/10, (Beerful) 6/10
It was almost like SyFy looked at how bad Megashark vs. Giant Octopus turned out and said "You know what, this is bullshit...we gotta make an equally shitty B-movie, but at least make it funny to watch to make up for this". Because it has all the same pieces of the puzzle, only actually somewhat enjoyable while drunk. I truly enjoyed watching whale-sized pirahna jumping from the water and launching themselves into buildings, blowing them up.

It even has Tiffany and Greg Brady (playing a character called "Bob Grady") in it.
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

Fitzcarraldo - 10
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

You watched Mega-Pirahna twice? Good god.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
zzzzzzzz
Unquestionable Presence

Post by zzzzzzzz »

captain wrote:
Also just found out that Peter Bogdanovich is now teaching at the School of the Arts here in North Carolina, which is fucking awesome. One of his classes will be entirely based on The Last Picture Show. Also, evidently he is giving the commencement speech at UNCSAs graduation this year, and a bunch of kids are complaining because he is a faculty member. Jesus Christ, fucking kids. The speaker at my graduation was some NC politician whose name I will never remember.
Dude directed a horror movie before TLPS with Boris Karloff, I read it has a scene where someone is shooting people in their cars from a drive-in screen showing a shootout, sounds cool, I need to look it up
captain
Inhale/Exhale

Post by captain »

The Real MPD wrote:Fitzcarraldo - 10
Fuck yeah! Watch Burden of Dreams if you have a chance.

zzzzzzzz wrote:
captain wrote:
Dude directed a horror movie before TLPS with Boris Karloff, I read it has a scene where someone is shooting people in their cars from a drive-in screen showing a shootout, sounds cool, I need to look it up
Yeah, Targets. It sounds awesome. If you have Netflix, you can watch it instantly. Its been on my Instant Queue for a very long time, been meanin to get to it, but I have about 300 things on my Instant queue, plus what I normally get in the mail, so it just keeps gettin pushed back.
"Never follow a hippie to a second location" -Jack Donaghy