Inquisition - Ominous Doctrines... (new album)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Turd Murder
One Of Many Accounts

Re: Inquisition - Ominous Doctrines... (new album)

Post by Turd Murder »

I always assumed he was using some sort of effect pedal or something to give the vocals that sound. When they played Brooklyn earlier this year, out of nowhere in one of the new songs he started to 'sing' a la Ihsahn circa 'Anthems' for like two lines and it sounded like a normal human voice. I got goosebumps, not because he was singing or changing it up, but because that is his actual voice, that fetid unholy Crypt Keeper ululation is pure Dagon, an example of his part of the deal he made with the Dark One. LG Petrov had no idea what he was saying when he sang of 'the true Prince of evil,' for this is He:
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

BarkingLocust wrote:
Wang Mandu wrote:Fuck this is so good. I love the deeper vocals on the last song.

Bored, your descriptions of his vocals are hilarious and very enjoyable. I think it was canon.docre who said something like he's really an ancient goat.
From what I remember, M. Docre said he sounded like an actual 5000 year old demon.
Yeah that's it. :beer: You can order it from Hell's Headbangers.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Bored001

Post by Bored001 »

I'm pretty sure I JUST said this, but one of the things that's most remarkable to me about them is how little they've actually changed over...12 years since their first LP?

I know one of them (I think) has an ambient/noise project and so that might draw off some of his need to deviate, but still...
mithrandir
It's my lucky day!

Post by mithrandir »

they are a one trick pony but they do that trick rather well, they know how to write songs that stick and they make it seem easy
GoreyGibbler
Olde Timer

Post by GoreyGibbler »

HELLA Vigna riffs in "Desolate Funeral Chant" :tup: :tup:. First time listening to Inquisition and I'm loving the shit out of this
Turd Murder
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Turd Murder »

I got a few of my parcels in the mail today, including the new Inquisition CD and also the Infernal...LP. Oh my, that thing is a sight to behold. It looks more like some sort of Satanic ritual hymnal than a record. Fantastic job on the packaging, hopefully they let Kramer have his way with the rest of the catalogue. Bravo!

Also, to further the Inquisition sound discussion, keep in mind they didn't always have such a signature sound. Look to the transition from when they were called Guillotine, all the demos and EP's they released between the years 1990-96 sound radically different than they do now, a strange sort of thrash vibe, different vocals, ets. Come 1998, it is as if Dagon and Incubus made the proverbial pact with the devil, to forge this idiosyncratic sound and vibe. Five albums with little variation or differentiation and yet each is a magnificent testament to the Left Hand Path? I do sense something otherworldly, something diabolical...
Bored001

Post by Bored001 »

Hahaha...

I think my favorite thing about them, besides the vocals, is the drumming. He doesn't show off at all and usually knows exactly what to play to accentuate the riffs in a minimalist way and always keep the groove moving forward...it's nice.
Dr Yail Bloor
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Dr Yail Bloor »

listening to this again, just managed to snag it for £7.50...bargain.
\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
I guess there's crippling, life shattering levels of alcoholism, and then there's Lemmy.
Bored001

Post by Bored001 »

That whole part in the fourth song that starts at about 2:20 when they push through that riff very fast and then slow it down at about 2:44 and the drums start swinging underneath it...it's still getting me...time to dance the Charleston...the best part is at 4:08 with the slide and they go right back into it and finish out the song...

This is the kind of simple/extremely catchy stuff they do so well...

Listen to how perfect the drumming is beneath that last part that starts at 4:08.
Turd Murder
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Turd Murder »

There seems to be some cool self-referntial parts... Like the jaunty clean guitar in the first song that hearkens to The Initiation.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

re: The Charleston riffing

Fucking hypnotic. What you wrote about the drumming is spot on. Two musicians in perfect sync with each other, feeding off of each other.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
doubleblumpkin
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by doubleblumpkin »

Burpcore v. 2.0: Let's Add Helium
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Dad wrote:Pizza nigga
Bored001

Post by Bored001 »

Starting at 2:50 in track 8...and then at 3:02 when the drumming changes underneath the riff...

Actually notice right at 3:03-3:05 how the drumming is out of sync... ;) Oops!

Bored001

Post by Bored001 »

The fact that this is a more cohesive, dare I say it...more commercial album? means that they will be touring a lot more in the future? I hope to see them live, at last...
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Post by pooptastik »

these guys are short.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

pooptastik wrote:these guys are colombians.
pooptastik

Post by pooptastik »

my drummer and the internal suffering dudes are pretty tall dudes. they feed on children's guts.

fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

pooptastik wrote:these guys have muffintops.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

pooptastik wrote:these guys are have riffs, man.
pooptastik

Post by pooptastik »

these guys are pedophiles.
dick manfuck
Rectal Anarchy

Post by dick manfuck »

fallbacktostone wrote:
pooptastik wrote:these guys are colombians.
only half of them are columbians. heh.
BUCKLE UP FAGS
dick manfuck
Rectal Anarchy

Post by dick manfuck »

Bored001 wrote:That whole part in the fourth song that starts at about 2:20 when they push through that riff very fast and then slow it down at about 2:44 and the drums start swinging underneath it...it's still getting me...time to dance the Charleston...the best part is at 4:08 with the slide and they go right back into it and finish out the song...

Listen to how perfect the drumming is beneath that last part that starts at 4:08.
THE DISCO PART. So glad other people are picking up on this part. I've been trying to get people to make fun of it with me but no one understands how awesome it is to have black metal with dance beats.
BUCKLE UP FAGS
dick manfuck
Rectal Anarchy

Post by dick manfuck »

BUCKLE UP FAGS
Bored001

Post by Bored001 »

dick manfuck wrote:
Bored001 wrote:That whole part in the fourth song that starts at about 2:20 when they push through that riff very fast and then slow it down at about 2:44 and the drums start swinging underneath it...it's still getting me...time to dance the Charleston...the best part is at 4:08 with the slide and they go right back into it and finish out the song...

THE DISCO PART. So glad other people are picking up on this part. I've been trying to get people to make fun of it with me but no one understands how awesome it is to have black metal with dance beats.
I have no fucking idea who you are...but okay.

Gonna go listen to this album again right now, I have it right here...

Thank you.
Bored001

Post by Bored001 »

Yeah, last part of the fourth track definitely has me dancing + viciously headbanging, as I've already said 20x...it's not the guitar riffing, it's the fucking drumming...it's so perfect...

Make mine a martini, have me in a zoot suit out on the dance floor...I love this album.

In a world of stupid blast beast idiocy (and this has been said of Inquisition's drummer, Incubus, many times before), the guy who plays only so much as he has to in order to make it swing = king.

Swing = king. Shoot us back to Sinatra? Fuck. We're our grandparents.

Oh well. They knew better anyway...and they didn't even know what AIDS was. Sluts, all of them...