Post by Necrometer »

this page :lol:
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Re: bike thread

Post by Necrometer »

very nearly got envictimized just now

was biking home (it's almost dawn here) and had a green light at a typically busy intersection that was abandoned due to the time - I am over on the right as all good cyclists should be and I see a taxi pulling up on my right towards its red light - people usually roll into the intersection a bit so I didn't think too much of it as he went into the crosswalk, but just as I begin to enter this taxi's path I realize he's in lala land and headed directly at me - it would have been worse to slow down or stop and I was in top gear so I couldn't really speed up in that split second, so I just kind of rolled ahead at the same speed and watched in horror as this fucker did the same through the red light. his front bumper came within a foot of my back tire. I think I heard a chirp of courtesy braking after I was past him but yeah this guy didn't give a fuck

absolutely terrible

how is it that taxi drivers are literally professional drivers but consistently are the worst assholes on the road? even worse than cops. fuck.
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

what do you guys wear for clothes when it's cold out?
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

Erik13 wrote:what do you guys wear for clothes when it's cold out?
Winter jackets.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

I just wear a hooded sweatshirt and a goretex windbreaker. I also wear this hat, and snowboarding mittens.

I still can't ride well since breaking the collar bone, but I put together this 1950s humber for a steady, slow rider that doesn't hurt my shoulder:

Chainring looks awesome, and there are some other cool details that make this a stylish ride. Single speed coaster brake.

FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

1950s?
:?

Are those the midge bars?
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
bland ed
Certified False.

Post by bland ed »

that bike is what is up geeheeb
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Necrophilic Mallard wrote: Are those the midge bars?
no these are some olde english bars with a shallow rise turned upside down and a few inches cut off the ends.

midge on one will be going on the Puch next year sometime.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

bland ed wrote:that bike is what is up geeheeb
thanks ed! needs a better seat and a better job with a wrap (and maybe a black rack for the back) but its certainly serviceable.
bland ed
Certified False.

Post by bland ed »

i was thinking of making a bike just like that man, except english bars shallow rise right side up

i see the beach cruisers all the time here and was like man i'd like to have a real beater bike but i hate the way the cruisers have curvy frames, i'd like to get a regular frame and put coaster brake on it. i really like yours

that chainring rules so much too
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

I made this Torker KB2 look sorta like that for boo. Tough commuter frame with beefy 700c wheels and a kickback 2 speed, but a CLASSIC ELEGANCE.

It used to look like this:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Dont know if I posted this but it's from a ride to lake Michigan that was about 140 total miles (2 days):

bland ed
Certified False.

Post by bland ed »

boo's bike is also what is up :invcross: :invcross: :invcross:
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Also, I'm not gonna ride that 1950s Number in the salt/snow. Its too nice, its too small for me, and its cottered crank is temperamental. I put the bars (the inverted low rise English bars, now kinda stache-like) on this frame I got from the college salvage shoppe for $25:

I have some sweeeet sealed velocity hubs laced to deep v's that were just left here by the bassist of the oily menace. So its a sick winter fixie.
bland ed
Certified False.

Post by bland ed »

^^^ that is the other bike i want to make

fixed with upside down english bars, but i like the midge bars now too.

i got a miyata frame with posts for cantilever brakes and enough room for fenders and imma move the alfine over when i get some time, perbs use the viva sport for the fixed. i love fenders so much
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Fuck yeah Ed. :beer:

The midge is SUPER wide though. The cut off English bars make more sense on a city bike
bland ed
Certified False.

Post by bland ed »

oh that's not what's up then man

that's why i got the regular english ones instead of the albatross bars

brend told me about a child's toy ride next fridee if he is in town and i'm thinking imma go even if he doesn't
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

If you go, take a pic or two.

Midge is great for distance, like over 30 miles.
bland ed
Certified False.

Post by bland ed »

did you take microbio? (i don't knowe where to post this)

i hate this class.

trav told me about this anki program for memorizing a bunch of tripe and i sat in bed yesterday for like fifteen hours
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Last edited by bland ed on Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Yeah, 4.0 in lecture and lab. LOVE IT. Make a microbiology thread maybe myself or maybe even one of the REAL scientists here can help.
bland ed
Certified False.

Post by bland ed »

i've got the lab practiCUM on mondee so imma make a bunch of other cards for what helminths and protozoa look like and what microbes have what kind of effect in what media :wank: :wank: :wank:

i think i mostly don't like this class because the instructor kept losing her control in class and started screaming her head off at people for people on phones or whatever

horrible way to approach a subject on my part...
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

This is a check bikes direct bike that is kind of a surly cross check copy but with track dropouts (not anywhere near as nice as a surly). I but a Shimano Alfine 8 wheel on the back with the integrated brake/shifter. Got the built wheel with the brifter for only $250. A STEAL. The bars are the Midge from On One and they are super comfy

RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

bought one of these today

Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

nice wheels dudes :tup:

today I was biking into work (it's all uphill, and this story takes place at only a slightly uphill region) and I was to the right & almost behind a car that slowed & stopped for a pedestrian at a crosswalk on the far side of the street who was making her way into the road and happily waving at the stopped car with a smile, while I went through her crosswalk path (though she was still entirely on the other, opposing-traffic side of the road, with about a lane's-width distance between us), causing her to drop the smile and yell HEY!, pretty clearly pissed. I just smiled and rolled on. I should have yelled back "YOU HAD BEEN CONSIDERED" because she totally had. no idea about the inspiration in getting pissed that I didn't slow down just to watch her slow ass stroll across the street...
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

geeheeb should cut his steer tube, get rid of the spacers, flip his stem, and flip his bars upside down.