Post by fallbacktostone »

Speaken Hole wrote:
Chevalier Mal Fet
O.G. Interwebber

Re: The Unstoppable 2012 Election Thread: ObamneyCare Cage M

Post by Chevalier Mal Fet »

F. Murray Sandyclam wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:
F. Murray Sandyclam wrote:Geoff, it's gonna be fun watching you and Gnesin get more and more conservative as you get older.
I actually used to be a lot more conservative than I am now.
So basically you're on a roller coaster ride. ;)

Jlapse should get all "off my lawn" right about the time he moves to Boca.
For my part I already had my shift off the ledge of the hard left, less because I disliked the ideas - though I discarded the more utopian crap, but realized our ideologues were just as insufferable and our radicals just as useless. I don't think people necessarily shift to political conservatism, but small "c" conservatism in temperament, in approach. They become more pragmatic, they realize the "great awakening" never happens except at gunpoint and if they are as sane and compassionate as they claim to be, then that idea becomes distasteful to them. You realize that MLK, the white freedom riders who joined him, and the nerdy black church kids getting spaghetti dumped on them at Woolworths or hosed down outside of it were the crucial force and Malcolm X, the Black Panthers and Abbie Hoffman the rodeo clowns, the sideshow. You realize that the Earth Firsters may be very passionate and inspirational but that the Al Gores of the world, in fact, have accomplished more for the environment than a million Julia Butterflies. Barack Obama ended the war in Iraq, not Code Pink.

Federal Income Tax-wise, I'm already on the 53% side and have been there for the past few years, and am somehow more excited to vote for Obama than I was the first time. Pragmatic, liberal Jedi-Master.
Dudes - check out my record: https://linktr.ee/illuminihilation
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

Chevalier Mal Fet wrote:Federal Income Tax-wise, I'm already on the 53% side and have been there for the past few years, and am somehow more excited to vote for Obama than I was the first time.
just curious... how much of this has to do with your own ideological shift versus the debacle that is romney? i'm more motivated to vote than in '08 but it's mostly because r-money embodies at least a dozen things i hate. john mccain jumped the shark at some point prior to the '08 campaign, but romney IS the shark (that slogan ©me2012).
Chevalier Mal Fet
O.G. Interwebber

Spooky Apparition wrote:
just curious... how much of this has to do with your own ideological shift versus the debacle that is romney? i'm more motivated to vote than in '08 but it's mostly because r-money embodies at least a dozen things i hate. john mccain jumped the shark at some point prior to the '08 campaign, but romney IS the shark (that slogan ©me2012).
My shift preceded Obama's first election by a couple of years, it was more equally anti-Bush and anti-Bush-backlash driven than anything. Bush was basically the political antichrist to me, stupid to the point of mental incompetence, entitled, corrupt, and surrounded by the cast from Dr. Strangelove and Mr. Burns types etc...etc... and the best the left could muster for eight years were fucking drum circles, the black bloc, Dennis Kucinich and Cindy Sheehan. Fucking useless. Ultra-FAIL. It was extremely frustrating that we were losing the war of ideas, politics and passion to these total ignorant assholes, and we weren't losing because they were beating us, but because we were beating ourselves.

See to me Romney and the Tea Party is the Bush "backwash" - he is, what he is - "generic republican" and the tea party is the same moral majority creeps mixed with a few libertards and militia nuts having their strings pulled by the same neocons and day traders. The liberals, the left, and the centrist democrats of the late 90's - mid 00's couldn't fight their way out of a paper-bag and beat people like this.

Obama is going to knock him out. He has not been perfect in governing (no one is), but he has played everything perfectly politically. Practically hand-picked his opponents - none of the other Republican "prospects" even ran for the nomination this year. Andrew Sullivan is right, he is the Roadrunner - meep, meep, he is the best rope-a-dope man in politics in my lifetime. Romney is really not all that much different than any other Republican, Obama just knows how to expose people like him and watch them melt in front of him like the Wicked Witch of the West. Can you imagine how much more entertaining this campaign would be if it was a dingbat like Santorum, Bachmann, Cain, Paul, or Perry? It would be like 75-25% in the polling by now.

But given the financial crisis, given the primacy of Reaganomics for my whole lifetime, it's even more appropriate that it's this Gordon Gekko stunt double who is going to take the fall, which will split the unholy alliance of the right in three pieces (jesus freaks, daytraders and neocons) and ruin it for a generation. I'm fucking salivating.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Chevalier Mal Fet wrote:I'm already on the 53% side and have been there for the past few years,
high roller alert! look out queen b-guile
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Gunther
Forum Administrator

Post by Gunther »

On Monday, Mitt Romney offered a remedy to the problem that caused his wife’s airplane to land prematurely last week: Allow passengers to roll down the airplane windows.

Ann Romney’s plane was grounded Friday after the main cabin filled with smoke. The small electrical fire caused no injuries, but apparently did cause the Presidential candidate to forget the dangers of altitude.

“When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly,” he told the LA Times. “And you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem.”
:lol:
Black Jacques wrote:Gordon Lightfoot looks like he was freubds with ghengus John.
Gunther
Forum Administrator

Post by Gunther »

Black Jacques wrote:Gordon Lightfoot looks like he was freubds with ghengus John.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

in 2011 Romney gave $4 million to charity

sounds pretty giving right? maybe until you realize that $3 million went to his church, and all the "giving" is motivated by the tax breaks it affords them - dude is literally supporting his church instead of the country
solidaritywithfruit
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by solidaritywithfruit »

Chevalier Mal Fet wrote: You realize that MLK, the white freedom riders who joined him, and the nerdy black church kids getting spaghetti dumped on them at Woolworths or hosed down outside of it were the crucial force and Malcolm X, the Black Panthers and Abbie Hoffman the rodeo clowns, the sideshow.
You dig out your highschool america history book and realize it was right all along
(MPD) wrote:is one of the other dudes in your band hurting you?
Pip
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Pip »

Chevalier Mal Fet wrote:
F. Murray Sandyclam wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:
F. Murray Sandyclam wrote:Geoff, it's gonna be fun watching you and Gnesin get more and more conservative as you get older.
I actually used to be a lot more conservative than I am now.
So basically you're on a roller coaster ride. ;)

Jlapse should get all "off my lawn" right about the time he moves to Boca.
Federal Income Tax-wise, I'm already on the 53% side and have been there for the past few years
Elitist.
Geeheeb wrote:Is that horse circumcised?
badgevvrecker
I know you are but what am I?

Post by badgevvrecker »

"you realize that the anglo-industrial power structure would have never accepted MLK as the lesser of two evils if the panthers hadn't let whitey know exactly what the greater of two evils would have been...."
Chevalier Mal Fet
O.G. Interwebber

badgevvrecker wrote:"you realize that the anglo-industrial power structure would have never accepted MLK as the lesser of two evils if the panthers hadn't let whitey know exactly what the greater of two evils would have been...."
Stop the presses. I am in total agreement, and in fact have a lot of admiration for Malcolm X and the Black Panthers actually, with the caveat that the extremist "foil" is (a) interchangable and (b) never actually involved in making the changes or doing the hard work of compromise.

I am not saying radicalism or direct action has "no" place, I'm saying quite firmly it has a place, but that place is more in a "driving the conversation" realm, then a "making change happen" realm.

For example, almost no one, no sane people specifically, agrees with the Ron Paul position of total deregulation and return to the halycon days of strict state soverignty and "constitutional" orthodoxy (that never actually existed), but that position can be a useful foil for someone with sane ideas about how to ease the regulatory burden on individuals and businesses, a bulwark against accusations of radicalism and a way to make proposed changes more palatable to the masses.

In the bio of John Adams (our dullest founder!) I'm reading, I am just getting to the point where the partisan lines really start being drawn post-revolution, between North and South, Federalist and Anti-Fedaralist, etc... Very fascinating stuff, certainly gives the lie to any idea of some original interpretation of the constitution, or traditional role of State v. Fed, and particularly to the idea of the founders as some monolithic body, particularly in the conflicts between Adams and Jefferson (good friends but on opposite ends of the argument), and Adams and Hamilton (same side of the argument but despised each other). I think it's important for people to realize that these divisions and arguments are nothing new, they are the "American conversation" and have been since the beginning.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Gunther wrote:
On Monday, Mitt Romney offered a remedy to the problem that caused his wife’s airplane to land prematurely last week: Allow passengers to roll down the airplane windows.

Ann Romney’s plane was grounded Friday after the main cabin filled with smoke. The small electrical fire caused no injuries, but apparently did cause the Presidential candidate to forget the dangers of altitude.

“When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly,” he told the LA Times. “And you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem.”
:lol:
damn.. I'm a fresh air kinda guy... he just won himself my vote...
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

https://twitter.com/GovWalker/status/250569135719849984

So our anti-union Governor now wants a billion dollar company to cave to the union employees they are locking out?

You can't make this shit up.
$$$$$ RaP GaME WiLL RaHMeR $$$$$
Gunther
Forum Administrator

Post by Gunther »

related

everything about this image is making me laugh hard
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

these two clean cut cuban catholic chicks in the coffee place a little while ago both looked up at the tv that was playing cnn on mute and exchanged..

1: so are you going to vote for romney?
2: yah most definitely.
1: me too.
2: i mean its just so scary you know?
1: i knowwwwww in just two years too. who could have thought?
2: yah i knowwwwwww

:awesome:
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

with two years being... the length of a presidential term? please don't let them be that clueless...
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

that was just one of the things to ponder for sure :tup:
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

Ladies and gentleman, I'm proud to introduce one of the most elite athlete's to ever live....Craig Stadler.

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

I have this poster:

FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

Any profession sport where someone with an uncanny resemblance to Ned Beatty was a top level player really doesn't lend much to the argument that they are athletes.
badgevvrecker

Post by badgevvrecker »

Was reading about Romney Sr.'s involvement in MKUltra/Monarch: meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

F. Murray Sandyclam wrote:It might be the closest we get to a "let them eat cake" moment.
When he bet Rick Perry $10,000 in a debate man...
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
badgevvrecker

Post by badgevvrecker »

"let them eat some of my old horses; didn't obama re-legalize horse slaughter for the commoners? i should be able to turn a profit off of that....."
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Pisscubes wrote:how about the, "If you need money for college, you shouldn't be afraid to ask your parents"?
yes, this wins

maybe also his "I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth" stuff - perhaps his spoon was platinum? he grew up here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloomfield_Hills,_Michigan
Bloomfield Hills consistently ranks as one of the top five wealthiest cities in the United States with population between 2,500 to 9,999 — it currently is listed at the number four position and in 1990 it was ranked number two, and has the highest income of any city outside of California, Florida or Virginia. The median income for a family is over $200,000. In 2000, 49% of residential property in Bloomfield Hills had a value of over $1,000,000.