WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW.

Music posts are a bannable offense.
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW.

Post by featherboa »

Anything more recent than 1980?
Image Certified Poster
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

it fucking rules so much to have the same pretend conversation about the same pretend shit over and over and over
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

NP: Melt Banana - Scratch of Stitch
Image Certified Poster
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

featherboa wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:22 pm NP: Melt Banana - Scratch of Stitch
I'm reminded me of an old "on the road" blog from the singer of Plainfield who was on tour with a Melt Banana and Mr Bungle, I think there was an anecdote about the band Duh! beating the shit of audience members.
samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Necrometer wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:14 pm
Geeheeb wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:52 amWhy should we believe an inconsistent and unrepentant troll who literally terrorizes people in real life?
are the sources in that article fake?
Am I even talking about that guy?
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

I dunno!

I have done my own research and concluded that albini was living IRL as if it was this board

as a guy who has been temp-banned from this very forum for posting a link to a ghastly gallery of tasteful child nudes, any stones i cast won't be worth much
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Sorry, it really seems like I was defending or deflecting about Steve Albini, supreme edgelord and admitted pederast - I was making a joke about someone else. I have tried with many of Albini's bands and can't get on with them. And there is a certain type of Albini fan that is just the fucking worst.

I love many of his recordings, and especially the recordings made by those he inspired or taught as interns at EA.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

I'm more of a rick rubin guy, and that's not a great pleace to be
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

I think the chick JOFA talked to - the one that inspired "I'm hardcore... you're electronica" - I think their first conversation was graced by albini himself (it was a connection because they had both heard of him)
Eight Bit Alien
Daddy would you like some sausage?

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Necrometer wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:35 pm I think the chick JOFA talked to - the one that inspired "I'm hardcore... you're electronica" - I think their first conversation was graced by albini himself (it was a connection because they had both heard of him)
Jesus fucking christ i forgot about IHCYE :lol:

Barge seemed to fucking love albini??
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

of course he did

all he has is aesthetics
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

Nice dimples big daddy.
samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

I just thought I'd expose myself to stuff I never heard before. because nothing sounds good anymore
Image Certified Poster
godofdeadlydeath
O.G. Interwebber

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

After getting into The gathering of the juggalos lately I decided to check out some other early 90s doom/death type bands I'd never really investigated before so I'm now loving the shit out of Turn Loose the Swans by My Dying Bride.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://linktr.ee/unharrowed
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Eight Bit Alien
Daddy would you like some sausage?

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

godofdeadlydeath wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:34 am After getting into The gathering of the juggalos lately I decided to check out some other early 90s doom/death type bands I'd never really investigated before so I'm now loving the shit out of Turn Loose the Swans by My Dying Bride.
man the gathering of the juggalos were so cool. I got really into "How to Measure a Planet?" for a while when I was in 10th grade, and then just wandered away from it and haven't thought about them in fucking... 20 years

i really dont know much about the band or the rest of their discography at all, just one of those "time and place" type albums
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
MPD
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by MPD »

Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

godofdeadlydeath wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:34 am After getting into The gathering of the juggalos of the juggalos lately I decided to check out some other early 90s doom/death type bands I'd never really investigated before so I'm now loving the shit out of Turn Loose the Swans by My Dying Bride.
You might get into Paradise Losts more accessible stuff. It sounds like if you mixed Black Album Metallica with Type O, but somehow the result ended up pretty alright.
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

I say that, but looking back at their discog I guess all I'm recommending here iate Draconian Times and Icon, because I just realized they kept releasing records I didn't check out after those two.
postaddiction
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by postaddiction »

godofdeadlydeath
O.G. Interwebber

Brutus Frank wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 5:54 am I say that, but looking back at their discog I guess all I'm recommending here iate Draconian Times and Icon, because I just realized they kept releasing records I didn't check out after those two.
So it's weird that Paradise Lost were the one British/early 90s/doom/death band that I actually was already super into for a long time. Why I never felt the need to dig more into Anathema and/or My Dying Bride until last week, I will never know. But I have loved PL for a long time, particularly those 2 albums.

godofdeadlydeath
O.G. Interwebber

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 7:55 pm
godofdeadlydeath wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:34 am After getting into The gathering of the juggalos of the juggalos lately I decided to check out some other early 90s doom/death type bands I'd never really investigated before so I'm now loving the shit out of Turn Loose the Swans by My Dying Bride.
man the gathering of the juggalos of the juggalos were so cool. I got really into "How to Measure a Planet?" for a while when I was in 10th grade, and then just wandered away from it and haven't thought about them in fucking... 20 years

i really dont know much about the band or the rest of their discography at all, just one of those "time and place" type albums
That album is great. Their musical evolution was really something. To go from Mandylion which is basically still a doom metal album musically but with a belting female rock singer, to a more moody variation of that on Nighttime Birds, to How to Measure... which is basically its own unique beast of weird electronic-infused 90s rock but with insanely great melodies and songs, they really were an amazing band who never stopped challenging themselves.

If you haven't, I recommend checking out their TG25 live album (and bootleg videos on youtube that sync the live album with fan footage from the shows). They bring out basically every former member from their best eras of the band and have them do songs together as duets or even with 4 vocalists on some of them. It's really, really great.

godofdeadlydeath
O.G. Interwebber

featherboa wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:14 am I just thought I'd expose myself to stuff I never heard before. because nothing sounds good anymore
This is basically all I do now. There's so much new music being released that I could not give a fuck about so I get a lot more joy out of picking random early 90s band I never got around to digging into and doing a full deep dive, hence my current My Dying Bride obsession. It's much more rewarding.